Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 04-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
Hawke

Default AVAST and Editing with EDIUS 6.07

I have posted this information under the Edius Software v6.07 update thread but thought it worth placing under a new more specific thread.

After updating to Avast V7 I got the "This Version Has Expired" message and also an error message related to a C++ runtime error in Quick Titler at the Edius opening splash screen.
I had no problem with AVAST Version 6. Although I must add that I always run EDIUS with AVAST switched off and do the same with AVAST 7, so it would appear that AVAST 7 is not switching all aspects off.
EDIUS 6.07 was installed with AVAST V6 installed but switched off and no problem experienced until the AVAST update to V7.
AVAST has a feature called SANDBOX this was also incorporated in V6 but did not or was not set to run automatically without warning in V7 it does.
The feature is not switched off by switching off all SHIELDS.
Solution: click Real Time Shields - File System Shields - Expert Settings - Auto Sandbox - Under Files that will be excluded from automatic Sandboxing: Click ADD - Browse to Program Files (X86) Grass Valley Edius6\QuickTitler.exe - SELECT.
Then do the same for Edius.exe

The same process needs to be gone through in respect of Trusted Processes in the Behaviour Shield.

Edius now runs with Avast enabled, however it goes without saying to improve performance when using Edius disconnect from the internet and switch off shields - right click the Avast icon in the system tray - shield control - disable.
Hawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Hawke

Surprise Surprise,
Having done as described in my first post and worked with Edius all day yesterday; even re-booting. At boot today the problems had returned and Edius would not boot correctly throwing up a series of error notices and claiming that the program had expired.
I decided enough was enough and have removed Avast from my system, Edius is once again running normally. No re-installation of any Edius component was required.
Grass Valley there is a bug here that needs addressing in respect of AV programs as at times it is necessary to connect to the internet for Windows updates etc.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
mattie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
Surprise Surprise,
Having done as described in my first post and worked with Edius all day yesterday; even re-booting. At boot today the problems had returned and Edius would not boot correctly throwing up a series of error notices and claiming that the program had expired.
I decided enough was enough and have removed Avast from my system, Edius is once again running normally. No re-installation of any Edius component was required.
Grass Valley there is a bug here that needs addressing in respect of AV programs as at times it is necessary to connect to the internet for Windows updates etc.
go read my post on what to do with avast - you need to include all the .exe in the edius folder to the real time excpetion list
mattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
Hawke

Where is your post?
Old 09-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
Posterity

Default 6.07 conflict with Avast and other Antivirus

Hello, I have only just got around to installing the 6.07 update, got the 'Version has expired' error and panicked, read the forum (thank you for the forum!!!) found that I had to reinstall the HASP driver on every reboot, became depressed, removed Avast antivirus entirely and became happy again as I could get back to work.

So I have a workaround, but will not want to install Windows updates without any antivirus, so I have a question for all you people out there that have either not had the 'Version expired' problem, or who have overcome it, which antivirus software does Edius 6.07 live happily alongside please on a Windows 7 PC?

Thank you.
Martin.
Posterity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
GrassValley_PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterity View Post
Hello, I have only just got around to installing the 6.07 update, got the 'Version has expired' error and panicked, read the forum (thank you for the forum!!!) found that I had to reinstall the HASP driver on every reboot, became depressed, removed Avast antivirus entirely and became happy again as I could get back to work.

So I have a workaround, but will not want to install Windows updates without any antivirus, so I have a question for all you people out there that have either not had the 'Version expired' problem, or who have overcome it, which antivirus software does Edius 6.07 live happily alongside please on a Windows 7 PC?

Thank you.
Martin.
http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=27619
ESET Smart Security/Nod 32 gets my vote.
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
Harro

Kaspersky works fine.
PS: Thermaltake 1000W.
Graphics card: Gigabyte GT680 OC.
Intel 520 SSD: OS 480 GB, Data, two 2TB WD Cavier Black in RAID 0.
Camera: Sony PMW EX1.
Editing: Edius v7.3, Adobe Prod. Premium CS6, Sound Forge 11, SpectraLayers Pro v2.0, Neat Video v3.3, Vistitle 2.5.0, TMPEnc Video Mastering Works 5,TMPEnc Authoring Works 5, MochaPro v3.2.1, PluralEyes 2.1.0, Robuskey.
Harro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
Rusty

Yup.
One of those little surprises in 6.07 & 6.5x.
Not great.

After a brief tantrum, I've moved to the nag-free MS Essentials.
>ASUS ROG G750JH - 24GB RAM, i7-4700HW Quad, 1TB SSD system, 1TB Storage, Win8.1 x64, GeForce GTX 765M

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
Twain - "Glances at History" 1906
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #9
GrassValley_PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Yup.
One of those little surprises in 6.07 & 6.5x.
Not great.

After a brief tantrum, I've moved to the nag-free MS Essentials.
Be advised there have been some problems with MSE.
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #10
THoff

Maybe it's time for a sticky with AV compatibility notes detailing which AV products work and what configuration changes may be required to make them work?
THoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS