Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 08-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
msvideo

Default Edius 6.03 Burn to Disc - Failed to Encode

As soon as "create disc" button is pressed, the error message "failed to encode" comes up immediately. Tried different project settings, different projects and different settings within the burn to disc options. I get the same error message every time with DVD and BD-R

First time i've tried since installing E6. Worked fine with previous versions. Other than trying a re-install, any known gotchas or suggestions?
Main system - NX, Edius 6.52, Procoder 3, Intel Core i7-3930K, Asus P9X79 3.2 GHz overclocked to 4Ghz, Win 7 64

Sony PDW-700 XDCAM HD, Sony NEX-FS100E, Sony PMW-EX1, Canon 5D MKii, Canon 7D
msvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
antonsvideo

from memory, this can happen when certain plugins are installed, I forgot which ones

what do you have installed so far? any audio vst?

EDIUS Pro7 with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X79 Extreme11, HexaCore Intel Core i7-4930K, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Quadro K4000, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4x WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 x Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
GrassValley_SL

Make sure you have the latest versions of all thirdparty effects installed.
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:46 AM   #4
GrassValley_SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
from memory, this can happen when certain plugins are installed, I forgot which ones

what do you have installed so far? any audio vst?
I have not noticed this with the latest versions available for download.
It was an issue sometime ago but got fixed.
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:53 AM   #5
msvideo

Thanks for the suggestion Anton. I've started an export and am off to bed. In the morning i'll try disabling plugins. I have loads installed, all the New Blue ones, ProDAD, Magic Bullet, Plural Eyes and VST's.

BTW I get this error on projects that have no plugins/filters on the timeline
Main system - NX, Edius 6.52, Procoder 3, Intel Core i7-3930K, Asus P9X79 3.2 GHz overclocked to 4Ghz, Win 7 64

Old 08-26-2011, 12:57 AM   #6
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvideo View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Anton. I've started an export and am off to bed. In the morning i'll try disabling plugins. I have loads installed, all the New Blue ones, ProDAD, Magic Bullet, Plural Eyes and VST's.

BTW I get this error on projects that have no plugins/filters on the timeline
they don't need to be on the timeline to destroy the disk burner

remove one at a time and then test until you have the culprit, once you know the culprit, see if there is an updated version

EDIUS Pro7 with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X79 Extreme11, HexaCore Intel Core i7-4930K, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Quadro K4000, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4x WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 x Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB Ram, Win7 Pro
Old 08-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #7
msvideo

*Solved*

Deleting all plugins and rebooting Edius didnt fix initially.

In the process of changing project settings from an HD preset to SD, the burn to disc started to work for DVD (wasnt working for BD or DVD initially)

changed project setting back to HD and burn to BD disc is finally working.

Throughout the above i also deleted the sequence from the burn to disc dialogue box and added it back again.

I noticed that a project setting of "Generic OHCI" results in "burn to disc" being grayed out.

I've put back the VST plugins, AE plugins (mojo & MB), Newblue & Prodad and all still working. Plural Eyes and some AE ones i dont use, which dont work have been left out.

I cant be sure exactly what the problem was whether the plugins i didnt put back in or project settings.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #8
antonsvideo

did you install E6 on a PC that had E5 on it? If so, I know what went wrong, it picked up left over files from E5

now, I refuse to install E6 on a PC that had E5 on it, I reformat first

Old 08-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #9
msvideo

Yes, PC had E4 & E5 previously installed before E6.

I noticed I have some duplicate project presets such as "Full HD" and a NX one with the same settings. Both activate the NX card output. Other too, i cant check at mo due to a BD burn to disc. I maybe have a mix of E5 presets and E6.03 presets for the NX card.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #10
antonsvideo

yes, get rid of any previous version presets and use only new manually created ones

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS