Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder

Old 02-21-2010, 04:10 AM   #1
JackB

Default How to Install & Run Procoder 3 in Windows 7 64 bit?

Does Procoder 3 install and run in Windows 7 64 bit?

First, I got an error trying to expand the latest PC3 update. I used expanded files from an XP computer.

Then I got an error on installation in Windows 7.
Then when running, I got an error saying that the dongle did not have a signed driver and Windows 7 requires it.

I searched the forums here and found nothing about PC3 and Windows 7. But some posts about Edius and Win7 says I need an updated Hasp driver, available from Windows Update. However, nothing came up for me. I went to the Alladin site and downloaded the latest driver they had for whatever it is for, and it wouldn't install.

Is Procoder 3 EOL for Windows 7? Or are there instructions somewhere on how to install it and get it and the dongle to work? I went to my registration page on the Grass Valley site and I have the latest downloads. And it appears that nothing new has been put up since 2008?

So, again please, are there instructions somewhere on what to do? And if PC3 is not going to be updated to work with Windows 7, I would like to know that, too. Thank you.

These are the problems i need to find answer for:
--The PC3 update does not expand without errors on Windows 7
--After transferring the expanded files from another computer, they don't install completely on Windows 7
--The dongle says it needs a signed driver and shuts off on Windows 7.
--I cannot find the location of the Windows 7 install file for PC3 on the Grass Valley site (can only find the old 2008 file: PC3_30591)
JackB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:43 AM   #2
swsw1550

No problems at all, just down load the latest update for it, with the dongle driver issue, put the dongle in and do a Windows update and see if their is any new drivers for it, if so let windows install them for you from windows update.

Steve
Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.
swsw1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
JackB

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsw1550 View Post
No problems at all, just down load the latest update for it, with the dongle driver issue, put the dongle in and do a Windows update and see if their is any new drivers for it, if so let windows install them for you from windows update.

Steve
Thank you, but I don't get an update automatically from Windows (though Windows 7 has automatically updated drivers for everything else I have), so I don't know what the issue is.

I have Cineform Prospect HD installed. Is it possible this is a conflict with Procoder?

And is there any news as to whether there will be a Windows 7 update for Procoder 3, or should I keep an XP machine to run Procoder? (The last update appears to have been in 2008... is this the end of any updating of Procoder?)

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
GrassValley_CP
Grass Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
Thank you, but I don't get an update automatically from Windows (though Windows 7 has automatically updated drivers for everything else I have), so I don't know what the issue is.
You may have to manually install the HASP driver from the dongle if Windows 7 won't do it for you automatically. You can find it on Aladdin's website here: ftp://ftp.aladdin.com/pub/hasp/Senti...time_setup.zip

Quote:
I have Cineform Prospect HD installed. Is it possible this is a conflict with Procoder?
There are no known issues between the two, though that doesn't mean that isn't a problem.

Quote:
And is there any news as to whether there will be a Windows 7 update for Procoder 3, or should I keep an XP machine to run Procoder? (The last update appears to have been in 2008... is this the end of any updating of Procoder?)
According to this application note, an update for ProCoder to add Win7 compatibility is coming soon. The most current release, the one you have noted, is good for Windows XP and Windows Vista.
GrassValley_CP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
Alan Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_CP View Post

According to this application note, an update for ProCoder to add Win7 compatibility is coming soon. The most current release, the one you have noted, is good for Windows XP and Windows Vista.
That is very good news.

It is good to see that a company representative gives the users of its product such a straight answer as this. The normal reaction elsewhere is either to ignore the matter or issue the sort of vague platitudes that we in the UK associate with our politicians!
Alan Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
swsw1550

I have the latest version that came with a red dongle like Edius's dongle and it installs and runs fine on Windows 7 64bit, no problems at all.

Steve
Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.
swsw1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #7
JackB

Thank you for the information, it is very helpful.

In general, I have found some programs work on Windows 7 64 bit, and some don't, and the results vary for different people depending on hardware and other programs installed. A Windows 7 tested update is much appreciated. The press release covering the various Grass Valley products and the Windows 7 plans is very helpful.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:30 AM   #8
JackB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_CP View Post
Is there any news on the Windows 7 update for Procoder. The release note mentions it would be available about February 2010.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:57 AM   #9
JackB

Sorry to be persistant, but is there any news on the Windows 7 update for Procoder? Thanks.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
GrassValley_MD
Mike Downey... The Jollymon

I have heard rumors of an update but I am not holding my breath
GrassValley_MD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder