Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC

Old 10-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
NormanLaw

Default ADVC 110 with Windows 7 64bit

Hi all,

I'm awaiting delivery of Windows 7 (on release day) and I intend to install the 64 bit version.

Has anyone used the ADVC110 with the beta version of Windows 7 (64bit). I'm told that it won't be certified for Windows 7 until until a month or so after Windows 7 ships. Even then I'm not sure whether 64bit certification is likely.

The reason I'd like to know whether it's likely to work is so that I can decide on my installation type. If I'm told it is likely to work, even if not certified, I'll perform a standard Windows 7 install and get rid of my Vista Ultimate (32bit). If it looks like it may not work then I'll do a dual boot install and retain my Vista partition. I'd prefer the former option rather than the latter.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:41 AM   #2
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

The SD ADVCs have, and should continue to, use the native OS support for DV devices.
GrassValley_BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
NormanLaw

Thanks Brandon.

I couldn't remember, when I first connected it, whether it loaded any drivers from CD. I suppose, as long as MS provide a new version of 1394bus.sys, ohci1394.sys and msdv.sys with identical functionality then all should be well.

I'll take the decision to remove my Vista. I can use a Virtual PC version of XP for anything else that doesn't work. That solution won't work for Firewire devices as they don't get seen with virtualisation.

Thanks again.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
d_shiray

Hi all.
I have this device (ADVC 110). Device worked in Windows XP 64 bit without any problem. But in Windows 7 64 bit I have problem. In software Adobe After Effects CS4 I create new composition, then Edit --> Preferences --> Video Preview --> Output device I select IEEE 1394. Under Windows XP I see picture on TV, but under Windows 7 - I see black screen. Help me, please, probably doing something wrong?
d_shiray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
NormanLaw

Thanks for responding to this. This was the sort of response I wanted when I posted originally. Unfortunately it's come too late as I have already installed Windows 7 64 bit and have found the same as you. It doesn't work in this version of the OS.

The fact that it uses the native drivers doesn't help at all if those drivers do not support the device.

I've checked but there are no drivers available for download, hopefully soon.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #6
d_shiray

Thank you for your reply.
I realized, reading your messages. Is there a way out of this situation or can only wait and hope for a solution this problem in the future?

Probaby hardware driver for this device is not worked correctly. I hope manufacturer tries to solve this problem in the near future or have to go back to Windows XP?

Last edited by d_shiray; 12-03-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
NormanLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanLaw View Post
Thanks for responding to this. This was the sort of response I wanted when I posted originally. Unfortunately it's come too late as I have already installed Windows 7 64 bit and have found the same as you. It doesn't work in this version of the OS.

The fact that it uses the native drivers doesn't help at all if those drivers do not support the device.

I've checked but there are no drivers available for download, hopefully soon.
Actually that has proved incorrect. I have just done some more testing and have found that it is working. Not sure why I found otherwise originally. Maybe one of the system updates has cured the problem, in any case, all OK now.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #8
mike0130

Yes, it is working under Win7.
Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...
mike0130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #9
d_shiray

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanLaw View Post
Actually that has proved incorrect. I have just done some more testing and have found that it is working. Not sure why I found otherwise originally. Maybe one of the system updates has cured the problem, in any case, all OK now.
Hello! See please my problem on my first post. You will tell in what may be my fault or could something I am doing wrong? Not work for me - even cry. :_(

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC