PDA

View Full Version : 3D Pip quality in 6.5

Ed122
08-10-2012, 10:04 PM
I use the 3D filter a lot for animating stills, but have been dissappointed with the results when zooming in using Edius 6x (Layouter is good, but doesn't offer the feather edging.
I have Imaginate, does a GREAT job, but does not have feather edging, and cannot animate the bordering and cropping directly.
I plan on purchasing 6.5 Pro if there is an improvement-- can anyone tell me if there is an improvement in the 3D filter (the most important filter of all!).?

Jerry
08-10-2012, 11:16 PM
3d pip is gone in 6.5x. However, if you open a previously created
project from 6.x, it will still be seen as an effect. You will be
able to do adjustments as well.
Layouter is the replacement for 3d pip.

Ed122
08-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Does the new Layouter have all the adjustment features of the old 3D Filter? and as easy to use?-- thanks so much!

jdroadie
08-11-2012, 02:10 AM
Hi Ed,

I played extensively with layouter when I got 6.5, I just ordered it...inevitable....
It's pretty good I a/b'ed it with some pics I was using in a creative suite project...I think premiere might look a bit better, maybe. But Edius looks a lot better, than it did, I mostly gave up on it. So when 6.5 came, I had a difficult photo, shot from Hawaii with lots of rippling waves , moves smooth in premiere with some anti flicker, but in Edius it flickered enough to make the water to appear to be moving.....I applied the anti flicker filter ahead of layouter and poof looked great, worked better than any blur. Other photos worked well with out the anti flicker. I tried the various resampling algorithms and you could see the difference in some content. In any case turning on 3d seems to produce better results too. It has good key frame control, seems easy enough to use. You can save presets... Not sure if we can save as effects presets
It has soft edge and drop shadow, I think lighting might be gone...

The fact that you can use the real time gpufx with the keys is awesome...Edius' new power on non specific hardware will clearly be a selling point

Here one for you GV, Are there any reasonably priced laptop I/O options in the pipeline?

SoundFreak_HD
08-11-2012, 02:44 AM
Here one for you GV, Are there any reasonably priced laptop I/O options in the pipeline?

Storm Mobile (http://www.grassvalley.com/assets/media/4252/PRV-4122D_STORM_Mobile.pdf) :)

Ed122
08-11-2012, 03:30 AM
Thanks so much for the indepth-- you have convinced me-- in the morning I am ordering my copy of 6.5-- Crazy Thanks!----Ed

Rusty
08-11-2012, 06:32 AM
Does the new Layouter have all the adjustment features of the old 3D Filter? and as easy to use?-- thanks so much!
Even better...
Layout supports file transparency and the new Shadow feature works amazingly well.
I just finished animating a .psd logo with great results!

jdroadie
08-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Storm Mobile (http://www.grassvalley.com/assets/media/4252/PRV-4122D_STORM_Mobile.pdf) :)
That looks cool....capture anything is misleading with out an HDSDI port though...

Ed122
08-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Rusty-- nice work- checked out your videos

SoundFreak_HD
08-12-2012, 10:02 AM
That looks cool....capture anything is misleading with out an HDSDI port though...

It follows the statement of Edius 6; Edit anything, which is equally daring ........