PDA

View Full Version : Edius 6.5 and Plugins

X-trem production
06-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Is there a information available which plugins like mercali, heroglyph, Magic Bullet Suite (via AE Bridge) and so will work with Edius 6.5.
Have the 3rd Party Developers done there work ?

Second question, if Edius 6.5 will set to 8bit in the sequence settings, will the old plugins run on Edius 6.5 in 8 bit modus?

thx for information.
Werner

GrassValley_PS
06-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Everyone is working on their plugins so you should expect availability very soon.

GrassValley_SL
06-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Currently most plug-ins are in process of compatibility certification.
We will update our plug-in page on www.grassvalley.com as status changes.

mattie
06-29-2012, 11:09 PM
ProDad vitascene v2.0 is working in 6.5

I got a link from prodad today

Hello, please check this last setup of Vitascene 2.0:

http://www.prodad.de/setup/Download-(1)(support+vitascene)-vitascene-20-full32bit.exe

Thanks

Eric
06-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Is there a information available which plugins like mercali, heroglyph, Magic Bullet Suite (via AE Bridge) and so will work with Edius 6.5.
Have the 3rd Party Developers done there work ?

Second question, if Edius 6.5 will set to 8bit in the sequence settings, will the old plugins run on Edius 6.5 in 8 bit modus?

thx for information.
Werner

Mercalli 2, Vitascene 2 and Heroglyph 4 are working fine on EDIUS 6.5.
You need full versions and actual service packs
Adorage:no plug-in available yet.
Boris Red beta is working, final plug-in should be available shortly

Eric

X-trem production
06-30-2012, 01:03 PM
THX Mattie for the Link.

And also THX to Eric for the very good Information.
Thats what i expect to see on the GV Homepage ;-)

Thanks again boys.

ciao
Werner

X-trem production
06-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Eric

We got Mercalli 2 bundled with Edius. Means this that we can get no update ?
Heroglyph 4 we have a full version, but i coudln't find a download link in the Heroglyph window. Do you know where the download "button" is located ?

Ciao
Werner

Eric
07-01-2012, 11:09 PM
We got Mercalli 2 bundled with Edius. Means this that we can get no update ?
Heroglyph 4 we have a full version, but i coudln't find a download link in the Heroglyph window. Do you know where the download "button" is located ?

Ciao
Werner
Mercalli was bundled with E6, not with 6.5 :(
ProDAD makes spezial upgrade package for EDIUS versions
http://www.digitalschnitt.de/info/pdf/EDIUS65Preise.pdf
Aktionspaket: ProDAD Vitascene V2 Pro + Mercalli V2 Pro für EDIUS 6.5 Vollversionen inkl. allen Plug-ins 129,-EUR

Do you know where the download "button" is located ?
Heroglyph kann einfach über den Download-Link aktualisiert werden.

Die Aktualisierung wird durch einen Klick auf den Kauflink aus der Kaufbestätigungs- E-Mail herunter geladen. Anschließend das Paket installieren - das ist alles.
or just download the trial version and activate with your key
or just send an e-mail to ProDAD

Eric

X-trem production
07-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks Eric for the Info. Digitalschnitt has a good offer to "update" Vitascene und Mercali. We try this way !

Ciao
Werner

PaulTV
07-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I have MB Looks working very well here (32 bit via bridge)

Paul :-)

X-trem production
07-05-2012, 09:24 PM

Sounds good for me, this plugin we use very often also in our 6.07.
Good to hear that it works well on 6.5 too via AE-Bridge.

ciao
Werner

strange
07-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Is there a hope for extended plug-in support in Edius 6.5?

Particularly interesting would be Neat Video (preferably 10-bit). This would help speeding up and simplifying video noise removal procedure.

Eric
07-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Is there a hope for extended plug-in support in Edius 6.5?

Particularly interesting would be Neat Video (preferably 10-bit). This would help speeding up and simplifying video noise removal procedure.

you have to ask for this the 3rd party supplier

Eric

strange
07-07-2012, 01:47 PM

Eric

On Feb 02, 2012 Neat Video Support gave following answer on their forum:
"That currently depends on Edius team. We are waiting for their feedback regarding certain compatibility problems."

In the end it looks like it should be addressed from both sides.

janilson
07-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Adorage:no plug-in available yet.
Boris Red beta is working, final plug-in should be available shortly

Eric
What Boris Red Version? Please!

Jerry
07-07-2012, 10:10 PM
There is a version for 6.x. Once the 6.5 host plugin is ready,
you will be able to purchase a copy for 6.5.

Zorro
07-07-2012, 10:13 PM
What Boris Red Version? Please!

Boris RED 5.x.

strange
07-08-2012, 04:23 PM

Eric

An up-to-date answer regarding Neat Video plugin for Edius 6.5 (@Neat Video support forum) looks like this:
"If the developers of Edius added support for Neat Video plug-in for After Effects (which is certainly possible from their side), it would be possible to use Neat Video in Edius and to render in 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit precision (at least Neat Video would be able to support that, as it does in AE)."

PaulTV
07-08-2012, 08:38 PM
There really appears to be some hideous apathy regarding the Neat plugin, from both sides - leaving the users that pay for the software looking for alternatives, every month or so this issue raises its head, and always with the same reply which is: use the old workflow ie. via After Effects, Virtual Dub or Vegas or any other NLE which has Neat support.

Sad.

AJL14
07-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Sadly, the Neat folks have been promising to "work on it" for well over a year. For my money, I'm not expecting any progress. I've talked to them 3 times since, and still get the same answer. Other plug-in folks are accomplishing success, some with great speed - can't be that difficult. My money is on the dead horse!
Alan

Long John Silver
07-09-2012, 05:18 PM
My money is on the dead horse!
Alan

Still I don't understand if it depends on Edius team or neatvideo team...

This is one of the most requested plugin and every time I do not get what is missing.

Eric
07-09-2012, 05:43 PM
This is one of the most requested plugin and every time I do not get what is missing.
All this is relative ....
I don't need "Neat" but I would like to get Twixtor as a native EDIUS plug-in.
Guessing, I am not going to get this either on 6.5.

Eric

PaulTV
07-09-2012, 06:11 PM
The response I got from Neat was that they were waiting for GV - so round we go again.

Long John Silver
07-09-2012, 06:17 PM
The response I got from Neat was that they were waiting for GV - so round we go again.

Just to summarize everything here, this was the last reply from GV on this topic:

http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/showpost.php?p=171801&postcount=13

This has been answered before:
There are currently 2 noise reduction filters which work. One in Boris effects RED and one from New Blue.

At this time we are not expanding support for plug-ins via the AE bridge.
Or focus is currently on EDIUS 6, EDIUS 3d preview and expanding development for native plug-ins.

This may or may not change in the future but it is not Company policy to discuss this.
In the mean time if the Boris noise reducer or the New Blue one don't do the job for you I would suggest to use Neat Video via VD or AE.

We do recognize the usefulness of Neat Video as a tool.

Thanks for understanding,

dpalomaki
07-10-2012, 01:18 PM
It boils down to the cost to make adn support the required modification vs. expected additional sales as a result.

Apparently GV does not expect very many additional sales by modifying their plug-in API to support Neat as it exists, that might involve obtaining rights to use someone else's API, e.g., Adobe AE, and assoicated increased costs. And I suspect people rarely will buy a major NLE based on being able to use one specific special purpose plug-in.

And it apears that Neat Video has not anticipated sufficient additional sales would result from adding native Edius support. [Who knows, maybe they figure Edius is so fast normally, folks would be unhappy with the speed of a Neat Plug-in and complain a lot <g>.] Also, once the word was out that 6.5 would have a different API, no one would likely go to the effort to develop a plug in for the old API.

In any case, we can keep asking for it and maybe, with some potential API stability introduced by v6.5 someting good may happen.

SoundFreak_HD
07-10-2012, 11:57 PM
All this is relative ....
I don't need "Neat" but I would like to get Twixtor as a native EDIUS plug-in.
Guessing, I am not going to get this either on 6.5.

Eric

I guess usage of plug-ins defer between users .........

I also would have greatly appreciated neat video & twixter as a frequently requested plug-in, as opposed to the now 3D capability, which by my knowledge is used (and requested) by very few.

Maybe in version 7 with its 64 bit and all the items from the long overdue list of to 'do things' it will make its way quietly into Edius :)

Bassman
07-11-2012, 12:48 AM
From an outsider's point of view, GV has been sort of split on the plugin issue. It is clear that Edius has chosen the path of focussing on NLE related development and leaving the "extras" to third party companies. But on the other hand they do not seem to be the most welcoming of hosts.

I have been waiting for the Izotope plugin to be corrected as it knocks the audio out of sync upon export for a long time. I can only judge that other NLEs have people knocking the doors down to develop and Edius only has a few companies interested and even fewer that are really putting forth an effort.

I hate to say it but one can not only blame the third party companies. After this many years it seems a pattern has developed...

Jerry
07-11-2012, 01:36 AM
We may see a change in that. Our alpha handling was different than any other NLE on the market. With 6.5 we are more in line with the way that other NLE's work and it just might be easier for the developers to write a plugin for us now.
Let us Hope!

Bassman
07-11-2012, 02:09 AM
That is a good point Jerry. I hope that is the case as Edius is really coming along with 6.5

Jerry
07-11-2012, 03:56 AM
The larger point is market share. Developers want to make a profit. But, it comes down to the users and what they can get for the best price.

SoundFreak_HD
07-11-2012, 04:15 AM
The larger point is market share. Developers want to make a profit. But, it comes down to the users and what they can get for the best price.

If the AE bridge look a like (wanna be) is 100% compatible it's just a matter of time before market share increases by leaps.
Not knowing the reasons behind it, being it licence fees or others, it is totally irrelevant from a customer point of view.

Many editors using competitor NLE's did try the beta of AE bridge in Edius and we're very hyped about it.
After that E5 did marginally improve it and E6 did a whole lot better.

Instead of trying to confirm every one dodo to your product, why not the other way around ?

There are heaps of companies producing good and great AE tools, if they are being let it on a 100% compatible AE bridge Edius has instandly multiplied it's value to be in everyone tool box.
There will of course be Edius users that want native Edius GUI, which IMHO is counter productive (for plugins) as people are used to the third party design and are up to speed with it.
Also plugin updates will be faster, more painless, either they work for all NLE's or they don't.

Again, this is from a customer prospective leaving the technical side out of the spotlight.

Over simplyfied as it me be, it should be taken into serious consideration by GV :)

Matynetmax
07-08-2013, 12:05 PM
ProDad vitascene v2.0 is working in 6.5

I got a link from prodad today

Hello, please check this last setup of Vitascene 2.0:

http://www.prodad.de/setup/Download-(1)(support+vitascene)-vitascene-20-full32bit.exe

Thanks

Hi All!

How could you make Vitascene 2.0 (64 bit) work?
I installed Vitascene but I can't find the effects in the effect list, like I used to find them in Edius 6 with Vitascene 1.
However I can open Vitascene from start menu, I can not reach from edius.
Now I use Edius 6.54 and Vitescene 2.0.215.

So, anyone has the same problem or some idea what to do?

Thanks!

antonsvideo
07-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Hi All!

How could you make Vitascene 2.0 (64 bit) work?
I installed Vitascene but I can't find the effects in the effect list, like I used to find them in Edius 6 with Vitascene 1.
However I can open Vitascene from start menu, I can not reach from edius.
Now I use Edius 6.54 and Vitescene 2.0.215.

So, anyone has the same problem or some idea what to do?

Thanks!

EDIUS 6.54 is 32bit, so you need to install the 32bit version

the 64bit version may work in EDIUS7, I have not tested this version yet but will later today

antonsvideo
07-08-2013, 02:16 PM
I just installed Vitascene 2.0 64bit (latest version) and it found EDIUS7 and it works fine

Ulisse
11-03-2013, 02:30 PM

Hello, I have Windows 7 x64 and Edius 6.5. I have just installed Adobe After Effects CC 12.1.0.168 and Magic Bullet x86 and now I'd like to get plugins for Ediius. But I am not able to find MBLooks plugins for Edius 6.5. Therefore when I open Edius and I go into After Effects plug-in Bridge I cannot add that plugins.
May be do I make some error? When I have installed Adobe After Effects CC 12.1.0.168 I have not seen the x86 option. May be is it the problem? But I know when a guy installs Magic Bullet x86 it makes its own folder of plugins automatically. But I don't see it.
Some suggestions please?
Thanks

EDIT: I have just installed another version of Magic Bullet and now it works fine. Thanks