PDA

View Full Version : EDIUS Software v6.07 Update :-)

asvp
04-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Issues fixed in this version (from v6.06)

Fixed issue with sequences disappearing in Bin when consolidating the timeline using "Remove unused clips in Timeline".
Fixed issue with switching other applications to EDIUS being slow when a lot of QuickTitler clips are placed in Bin.
Fixed issue with QuickTime 7.7 when exporting files for iPhone and iPod the exported files did not include audio.
Fixed issue with clips being recognized as offline clips when a HDD was formatted and then replaced with same clips.
Fixed issue with EDIUS crashing when applying emboss to a title clip.
Fixed issue with tearing noise appearing when adding transitions to clips with alpha.
Fixed issue with importing MXF clips made in Omneon servers.
Fixed issue with HiRes clip with corresponding P2 proxy not being transferred from Bin.
Fixed issue with EDIUS crashes when adding mask filters before the layouter in a 10bit project.
Fixed issue with blending frame being output in a frame base (progressive) project with progressive clips and applying slow motion.

caminostereo
04-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Issues fixed in this version (from v6.06)

Fixed issue with EDIUS crashes when adding mask filters before the layouter in a 10bit project.
Fixed issue with blending frame being output in a frame base (progressive) project with progressive clips and applying slow motion.

It's good to know, that urgent errors like this are solved... bravo GV! =)

kpot
04-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Hi:

After updating my Edius-6.06 to this Version (6.07) when starting Edius-6.07 the error "This Version has expired" was displayed. // translated from german

After 3 hours of update/reinstall/update.. I had to reinstall my old Edius-6.06 (which is OK)

Result: Dont know why the update didnt work - cant use it and am not very amuzed.

Regards kurt

antonsvideo
04-05-2012, 01:27 AM
6.07 works fine here, I can also confirm that the quicktime audio export issue is fixed, so you can install the latest QT player

if your version is expired, it means you have an outdated dongle driver

always install it from this website (6.22 is current version)
http://www3.safenet-inc.com/support/hasp/enduser.aspx

THoff
04-05-2012, 04:18 AM
I installed the update an hour ago and haven't run into any issues. I'm on 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.

SoundFreak_HD
04-05-2012, 06:25 AM
What will be there correct install / update order for a new clean install starting from 6.0 or 6.01 ?

Can we update straight to version 6.07 from 6 ?

antonsvideo
04-05-2012, 06:34 AM
yes, 6.07 contains all previous patches

SoundFreak_HD
04-05-2012, 06:35 AM
yes, 6.07 contains all previous patches

Thanks Anton.

antonsvideo
04-05-2012, 06:37 AM
I just installed it straight over 6.06, there is no need to go back to 6.0 and then 6.07

SoundFreak_HD
04-05-2012, 06:38 AM
I just installed it straight over 6.06, there is no need to go back to 6.0 and then 6.07

Understood, I also build new systems for others :)

antonsvideo
04-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Hi:

After updating my Edius-6.06 to this Version (6.07) when starting Edius-6.07 the error "This Version has expired" was displayed. // translated from german

After 3 hours of update/reinstall/update.. I had to reinstall my old Edius-6.06 (which is OK)

Result: Dont know why the update didnt work - cant use it and am not very amuzed.

Regards kurt

also, here is a quote from GV

USB dongle driver cannot be installed certain anti-virus software on 64-bit OS
Description:
Certain anti-virus software detects the USB dongle driver installer as malware running under 64-bit OS. We have confirmed this problem with COMODO, Kaspersky and Office Scan anti-virus software.
Workaround:
Please perform the following procedure:
NOTE: Disconnect your internet connection first to protect from viruses
COMODO
1. Right-click COMODO antivirus icon in the task tray.
2. Disable Defense+
Kaspersky
Disable Protection function
Office Scan
Temporarily quit the Office Scan software
After reinstalling EDIUS, enable protection or relaunch the anti-virus software.

SoundFreak_HD
04-05-2012, 08:17 AM
I just opened a few large projects created with previous 6.x versions and the bin behaves a lot better now, unfortunately thumbnails are still only created for clips in the viewable part of the bin, but it works very fast now.

Thousands of thumbnails are being created without leaving stray's behind in grey or worse ............

Is it just me or because I'm sober :)

Thanks GV !

antonsvideo
04-05-2012, 10:41 AM
I just opened a few large projects created with previous 6.x versions and the bin behaves a lot better now, unfortunately thumbnails are still only created for clips in the viewable part of the bin, but it works very fast now.

Thousands of thumbnails are being created without leaving stray's behind in grey or worse ............

Is it just me or because I'm sober :)

Thanks GV !

let me open my nightmare project and see how thumbs behave

I noticed thumbs draw much faster in 6.5 but the clip thumbs on timeline when in fimstrip mode **** big time, but this is only a preview version

antonsvideo
04-05-2012, 10:45 AM
wow, they indeed fixed the broken half drawn thumbnail issue without telling us

I wonder what else is fixed that we don't know yet

nictau
04-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi:

Regards kurt

Installed on a German Win7 64bit machine. No issues!

Mister-2X
04-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Seems to be the same issue with AVG.
I'm using AVG Free and had to deactivate the resident shield to update the usb key drivers.

Alade
04-05-2012, 01:40 PM
I never use anti-virus programs on my editing PCs...They cause headaches most of the time.....what I do is use my internet PC to scan all software before I install downloaded programs, and with Avira Antivirus, it seems that nothing passes ...it scans every download, and with Internet Download manager, it does not release the downloads until they are scanned.....

johnsirb
04-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Add Zone Alarm to the list as well. Had to disable it to install the new USB as well.

leocondemi
04-05-2012, 02:39 PM
In the fate of that EDIUS 6 is expected to upgrade to version 6.5.
I did a stupid question?

Khoi Pham
04-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Where do you guys get the update? I look in my account software download and don't see anything?

GrassValley_SL
04-05-2012, 04:34 PM
When you log-in to your account look to the right you"ll see :

Product-Related Updates and File Downloads
click on it.
Choose EDIUS 6
You should see it in the list.

dnavas
04-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I wonder what else is fixed that we don't know yet

I don't seem to have the issue with scrubbing, hitting play, and having the video start in a random place in the sequence. Video isn't always sync'd with the marker while scrubbing, but it seems to be an improvement. Haven't played with it too much yet, though.

-Dave

Khoi Pham
04-05-2012, 05:10 PM
When you log-in to your account look to the right you"ll see :

Product-Related Updates and File Downloads
click on it.
Choose EDIUS 6
You should see it in the list.

DUH I forgot to register E6 that is why I didn't see it, all is well now.
Thanks.

rubin9999
04-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Edius 6.07 Update http://www.grassvalley.com/support/downloads/download?download=623

SoundFreak_HD
04-06-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm using AVG Free and had to deactivate the resident shield to update the usb key drivers.

I run AVG free and ZoneAlarm among others like Ccleaner and SpyBot (I'm not paranoid in case you wonder) and if exclusions are set correctly there is no issues with Edius or any software during install or usage.

Proper settings of software / hardware is vital for an NLE or any smooth running pc.

Version 6.07 runs very smooth on my system !

Zorro
04-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Unfortunately you still can't output a DVD with PCM audio when using the built in authoring. DVD Creator stops at 50%.

SoundFreak_HD
04-06-2012, 08:09 AM
I tried authoring once in E 4.x and never again.
From all the reports throughout the years it's best to take a scalpel and make a clean cut to take it out.

Edius is good at what it's supposed to do leave the authoring to thirdparty apps.

Marc Hens
04-06-2012, 05:55 PM
I've had similar trouble with Avast, but now realise it is worse with AVAST.

Finally, I have switched it off, then installed the HASP-driver I have downloaded, and now, everything seems OK.
Then things started to go wrong again. AVAST does not only cause problems during installation. It blocks Edius at runtime with the same message. Edius 6.07 will not start while AVAST is running.

But I had tried several other stuff before I hit this one.
Windows gives confusing messages: During installation of Edius 6.07, it showed the installation of the new HASP-driver as successfull.

Next update, I will wait a little bit to listen to the echos on the forum.
But Avast will have to go.

mattie
04-06-2012, 07:43 PM
goto realtime shields - beaviour shield and then expert settings

click trusted processes - and add the full path to edius.exe and Qtitler.exe

amd it will be fine

I've had similar trouble with Avast, but now realise it is worse with AVAST.

Finally, I have switched it off, then installed the HASP-driver I have downloaded, and now, everything seems OK.
Then things started to go wrong again. AVAST does not only cause problems during installation. It blocks Edius at runtime with the same message. Edius 6.07 will not start while AVAST is running.

But I had tried several other stuff before I hit this one.
Windows gives confusing messages: During installation of Edius 6.07, it showed the installation of the new HASP-driver as successfull.

Next update, I will wait a little bit to listen to the echos on the forum.
But Avast will have to go.

THoff
04-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Doesn't AVAST have a log of its activities where it lists the risks that were detected and blocked or removed? If so, set up an exclusion for that file.

Removing AVAST based on one false positive seems a bit drastic.

Bart
04-07-2012, 08:19 AM
I'm using Avast (free edition), never had a problem when installing or updating software.
Before starting Edius I deactivate the network and the Avast-shields and everything works fine.

(I'm not a professional, so this pc is for general use)

Marc Hens
04-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks!

This solved the problem. Edius and Quicktitle start Ok while Avast is running.

goto realtime shields - beaviour shield and then expert settings

click trusted processes - and add the full path to edius.exe and Qtitler.exe

amd it will be fine

luigi07
04-07-2012, 07:20 PM
After upgrade v6.05 to 6.07 when i export blue-ray edius can't enable hardware encoding for intel sandy bridge. before upgrade edius was ok (i have one monitor in the on-board graphic card and one in the ATI ). have anybody any idea why in v6.07 can not enable hardware encoding(sandy bridge)when exporting or may be a "error" in v6.07!?

i7 2600k, asrock z68 pro, 16gb ram, ati radeon 6850

Zorro
04-07-2012, 07:50 PM
After upgrade v6.05 to 6.07 when i export blue-ray edius can't enable hardware encoding for intel sandy bridge. before upgrade edius was ok (i have one monitor in the on-board graphic card and one in the ATI ). have anybody any idea why in v6.07 can not enable hardware encoding(sandy bridge)when exporting or may be a "error" in v6.07!?

i7 2600k, asrock z68 pro, 16gb ram, ati radeon 6850

Reinstall the Intel graphics driver.

Ron Evans
04-07-2012, 10:27 PM
But install the driver from the motherboard manufacturer NOT Intel

Ron Evans

Zorro
04-07-2012, 10:31 PM
But install the driver from the motherboard manufacturer NOT Intel

Ron Evans

Why? The current Intel driver works very well here. Since the graphic card (HD2000/HD3000) is part of the CPU it's best to use the latest from Intel.

Ron Evans
04-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Why? The current Intel driver works very well here. Since the graphic card (HD2000/HD3000) is part of the CPU it's best to use the latest from Intel.

Doesn't work on my board. To work it needs the current driver from Gigabyte which is dated September. Then everything works again. This has happened twice now and solution is the same.

I have confirmed that loading the latest Intel driver stops Edius Quicksync hardware acceleration working every time. Remove and replace with the Gigabyte driver and everything works again.

Ron Evans

Zorro
04-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Ron, we don't sell Gigabyte so I can't comment. But eg all Shuttle barebones can use the latest Intel driver.

kpot
04-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Ron, we don't sell Gigabyte so I can't comment. But eg all Shuttle barebones can use the latest Intel driver.

Hi:

The latest Inteldriver works well on my ASUS-PC

Regards kurt

Ron Evans
04-07-2012, 11:34 PM
For information the board works fine with the latest Intel driver its just Edius hardware acceleration that doesn't work. Both the Gigabyte driver from September ( which I used to fix the issue last time) and the latest driver which is February work fine. Board and Edius work with either of these drivers but Edius hardware acceleration does not work with the Intel driver.

Ron Evans

tony
04-08-2012, 10:47 AM
After upgrade v6.05 to 6.07 when i export blue-ray edius can't enable hardware encoding for intel sandy bridge.

Same here, how do i get this back again.

kpot
04-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi:

I had the same problem.

Installed the newest Intel HD2000/HD3000 driver (from Intel-Website) - then it worked!

Regards kurt

tony
04-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi:

I had the same problem.

Installed the newest Intel HD2000/HD3000 driver (from Intel-Website) - then it worked!

Regards kurt

Thanks, I was going to install my graphic card driver again, could i also do that instead?

tony
04-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi:

Regards kurt

Had a quick look there in the intel site but not sure what to download.

antonsvideo
04-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Had a quick look there in the intel site but not sure what to download.

use the automated detection applet at intel

tony
04-08-2012, 12:34 PM
use the automated detection applet at intel

This one then I think.
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

OK Anton, thanks.

tony
04-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks everyone, after installing the graphic driver from the Intel site i have the hardware encoder option again.

Thanks.

antonsvideo
04-08-2012, 02:32 PM
This one then I think.
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

OK Anton, thanks.

yes, that one

carsten76
04-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Hi,

I was running 6.06 with absolutely no problem (German Win7_64, Comodo free firewall, AVAST free AV). Then I tried the update to 6.07 and ran into issues decribed in the forum but no matter how I try, I can't get 6.07 running.

I uninstalled Edius including plugins, even uninstalled AVAST and completely unloaded Comodo firewall. Then I followed the update instructions from GV. What I get is:

1. Sometimes a message saying my license expires soon.
2. Sometimes a runtime error saying that QuickTitler has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
3. Sometimes a message saying "Failed to create empty document"
4. Sometimes a sequence of 1 to 3

If I revert to 6.06 Edius works as if nothing has ever happened, just like a charme.

I have no idea what else I could try but I appreciate any help to get 6.07 running. Any ideas?

antonsvideo
04-11-2012, 11:57 PM
sounds like clashes in your hidden system temp folder

always make sure you empty it before installing anything

always empty the folder on a daily basis

make sure no firewall or virus scanner processes are left running in taskmanager, disabling AV is often not enough, be sure you end task of any such process

be sure windows defender is disabled and kept disabled permanently
http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/win7-tips.html

plasma_video
04-12-2012, 11:42 AM
carsten76, that's exactly what I'm experiencing - no matter what I do, what I disable/enable, empty temp file folder, antivirus defeated/task manager/processes stopped - everything. I've tried several uninstalls/cleanouts/reinstalls to no avail.

No other version of 6 has had any problems on this machine.

plasma_video
04-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Interesting . . . .

I just thoroughly went over all of the logs in Symantec to see what, if anything it's doing (even disabled) and there is absolutely nothing related to Edius or the hasp drivers anywhere. In fact, the logs are very clean.

Maybe the problem has nothing to do with the AV software, at least here.

David Clarke
04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
If you have the Virtu software installed (which you get free with many motherboards - I am using Gigabyte) you can now get the hardware acceleration without having a screen attached to the on board graphic card. You need the latest version of everything of course.

Ludde
04-12-2012, 09:01 PM
I have updated the hasp driver, without the avast on.....when turning on avast edius sais I have 25 days left...and something that quicktitler runtime enviroment....when closing all the protection of avast, Edius loads as it is suppose to....I see more people have problems with this..we need a fix GV !!!

mattie
04-12-2012, 09:33 PM
I have updated the hasp driver, without the avast on.....when turning on avast edius sais I have 25 days left...and something that quicktitler runtime enviroment....when closing all the protection of avast, Edius loads as it is suppose to....I see more people have problems with this..we need a fix GV !!!

go see the fix i posted for AVAST users

SoundFreak_HD
04-13-2012, 02:12 AM
I have updated the hasp driver
Try another USB port and don't start Edius until the dongle lights up.

dada
04-13-2012, 03:08 AM
Oh well ... I'm soo tired of even reading about yet another Copy Protection fvck up ...
Luckily, in Audio, many companies are finally moving away from Pace/iLok,
(which competes with Aladdin since decades, about who's the worst, most intrusive and biggest PITA CP on the planet)

SoundFreak,
are You using any iLok 1/2 'protected' plugins ?
Do they still work ??
( I lost another two days of my lifetime, when Aladdin recently decided to kill Pace 'protected' plugins ... )

BTW.:
why does no one ask the obvious question :
Why do all anti virus apps hinder this EDIUS update ??
Maybe it tries to phone home / submit confident user data ?!
Can we get some info, here ??

Jan

SoundFreak_HD
04-13-2012, 04:06 AM
Oh well ... I'm soo tired of even reading about yet another Copy Protection fvck up ...
Luckily, in Audio, many companies are finally moving away from Pace/iLok,
(which competes with Aladdin since decades, about who's the worst, most intrusive and biggest PITA CP on the planet)

SoundFreak,
are You using any iLok 1/2 'protected' plugins ?
Do they still work ??
( I lost another two days of my lifetime, when Aladdin recently decided to kill Pace 'protected' plugins ... )

BTW.:
why does no one ask the obvious question :
Why do all anti virus apps hinder this EDIUS update ??
Maybe it tries to phone home / submit confident user data ?!
Can we get some info, here ??

Jan

I have several different security tokens in use, my oldest one is a Marx dongle, eLicenser & Aladdin, all no issue so far, either my system is clean (doubt so very much) or I'm plain lucky (most likely)

Being it a pain to have an internet connection at certain times, TEMPEnc is never giving me any hassle.

I do practice however no test versions / trail version on my installation, I have other HDD drives for that, also a cleaning of the TEMP file before hand are my standard practices.
Also all kinds of Malware protection are switched OFF / Disabled before any install.

Reboot is my middle name, even when not suggested or forced to, it has always helped me in having a very stable system.

Version 6.07 did not gave me any headache with install, however I often use multiple Mask filters on clips with CC in them and on my 50P footage it doesn't run that smooth as v6.06.
Also everytime I close the Mask filter it needs to "Think" along time (several seconds) before Edius becomes responsive.

The thumbnails drawing in the bin are much faster than before, also the timeline draws faster, but after a short edit on the timeline, when I select any folder in the bin it needs a complete re-draw of all clips, which is nonsense in my book.

When zooming the timeline in & out while editing it still needs to re-draw every time, why is that ?

The GV Engineers should reverse engineer Wavelab software and learn from it, in my book one of the best and fastest / smoothest zooming / timeline in software history !

When Editing & using the bin, it feels like my PC is more busy with re-drawing thumbs and waveform than anything else.

It seems that for many v6.07 is a hit or miss, as I also feel it's good & bad at the same time, in my book v5.51 is still the smoothest of all time.

Let's see what v6.08 brings ..............................

antonsvideo
04-13-2012, 04:11 AM
When zooming the timeline in & out while editing it still needs to re-draw every time, why is that ?

When Editing & using the bin, it feels like my PC is more busy with re-drawing thumbs and waveform than anything else.

It seems that for many v6.07 is a hit or miss, as I also feel it's good & bad at the same time, in my book v5.51 is still the smoothest of all time.

Let's see what v6.08 brings ..............................

I totally agree, these redraw issues are a worry and they must be fixed

EDIUS5 does not have these issues

shueardm
04-13-2012, 06:05 AM
I also found Gigabyte boards problematic with latest Intel drivers. ASUS boards seem to be fine.

gknapek
04-13-2012, 06:43 AM
I do not know how you, but I'm not working, "lucid virtu" in version 6.07. I had to go back to version 6.06

zvit
04-13-2012, 07:59 AM
After reading 6+ pages... My inner gut tells me to skip this version and wait for the next. I'm very low on aspirin so I can't have too many headaches now.

Jerry
04-13-2012, 10:20 AM
If you are running an antivirus on your editing system, and don't know how to exclude Edius, and you don't know how to reinstall the Intel quick sync driver, well then I would leave it alone.

zvit
04-13-2012, 10:56 AM
If you have the Virtu software installed (which you get free with many motherboards - I am using Gigabyte) you can now get the hardware acceleration without having a screen attached to the on board graphic card. You need the latest version of everything of course.

Is this something new because it would solve many problems. One of them is having to have the Intel vga driver installed and not the HD one.

I didn't see a virtu software download on the Gigabyte site. Where do you get it from? Are you talking about the LucidLogix Virtu GPU Virtualization technology?

David Clarke
04-13-2012, 11:26 AM
I have the same motherboard on one of my systems and you and it was there the other day but can't see it now!

It is the Lucidlogic software which you can get here:

http://www.lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads-virtu.html

You will still need the latest intel graphic driver installed and have the Intel graphic set to "always on" in the bios. I always allocate over 200MB of memory to the card as well in the bios.

plasma_video
04-13-2012, 11:56 AM
I've wasted 4 days now trying to get 6.07 running on this PC - an older Dell dual xeon and XP 32 bit OS. I have tried updating all drivers, disabling Symantec, emptying temp folders, completely getting rid of all folders related to Edius before reinstall, and trying various hasp install orders. I don't have a clue now, and will wait and try it in an edit bay with the HP workstations. This does not bode well for general upgrade around the building on various PCs and configurations.

A summary of my issues is:

Sometimes Edius will open fine the first time and I can do a few edits. At other times, I get a "This Version Has Expired" message and it refuses to open, or I get an error message related to a C++ runtime error in Quick Titler at the Edius opening splash screen.

I have gotten the Failed To Create Empty Document error on opening, but that seemed to go away with the Temp folder cleanout. As it was random, however, that's not confirmed.

Sometimes I can save a project just fine. Sometimes I get the Expired message when trying to save, or simply crashes to the desktop.

Sometimes Edius just crashes at random times, even when it's idle, just sitting there with me touching nothing. (related to auto-save perhaps?)

Sometimes if I try to save a preset in the Layouter, it either freezes, or crashes to the desktop. At other times, I can save the preset.

It is random, unknown reasons that cause the behaviors. There is no pattern. I have yet to get to the point that it will remain open long enough for me to try anything more than adding a couple of clips to the timeline and trying a few effects and presets, so I don't know about bin behaviors, or any of the other mentioned improvements or problems.

The randomness of it is so puzzling. In all honesty, this is the first real extreme problem of this nature I've ever had with Edius since Edius Version 1.

Every other release of 6 has worked fine on this machine (with the known bug exceptions). I'm back on 6.06 for now without problems, running Symantec, and using the same hasp drivers that I was trying on 6.07, so that leads me to believe it is not a hasp driver/antivirus issue at all, but something in the Edius core.

zvit
04-13-2012, 12:04 PM
I have the same motherboard on one of my systems and you and it was there the other day but can't see it now!

It is the Lucidlogic software which you can get here:

http://www.lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads-virtu.html

You will still need the latest intel graphic driver installed and have the Intel graphic set to "always on" in the bios. I always allocate over 200MB of memory to the card as well in the bios.

Did you use the latest version from this site? Because the latest version crashes on mine.

zvit
04-13-2012, 12:32 PM
If you are running an antivirus on your editing system, and don't know how to exclude Edius, and you don't know how to reinstall the Intel quick sync driver, well then I would leave it alone.

Yes, I do know how to do that. So I did it and installed 6.07. Now my "Hardware Acceleration" option is missing from bluray export. So do I have to spend hours trying to fix this or is there something else I need to know?

dpalomaki
04-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Interesting that 6.07 is causing issues for some people, while for others it seems OK. I trust someone is tracking this, looking for a commom issue. At first it appeared to be AV, but now sounds like there may be soemthing else as well. QuickTime?

Ron Evans
04-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Yes, I do know how to do that. So I did it and installed 6.07. Now my "Hardware Acceleration" option is missing from bluray export. So do I have to spend hours trying to fix this or is there something else I need to know?

Just load the Intel VGA driver from the Gigabyte site.

Ron Evans

SoundFreak_HD
04-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Strange, yes.
Just finished my 2nd project with 6.07, for me it's stable, just the re-draw of thumbnails in the bin and the waveform on the timeline is driving me nuts.

gknapek
04-13-2012, 01:29 PM
I have Asus P8Z68-V PRO, I have the latest version of the VGA drivers from ASUS. Nothing that does not give, "lucid virtu" does not work.

zvit
04-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Lucid didn't work for me either. I put back one screen to the onboard card and reinstalled the vga drivers and I got my accelerated graphics back.

Now I hope that I don't have problems during work next week.

That's 2 hours I'll never see again.

Ludde
04-13-2012, 08:32 PM
I changed Antivirus, Panda cloud free...donīt know if it is good, but now edius work

David Clarke
04-14-2012, 01:45 PM
I have only used the Lucid Virtu software on Gigabyte boards because that is all I have here, and it has worked on several machines. I assumed it would work on Asus as well but don't have any to test.

My processors are all 2700K, and I am using In HD graphics driver 8.15.10.2656, and Virtu software 1.12.113.21492 which was the one I downloaded using the link I provided. I downloaded the Intel graphic driver by going to the Intel site and using the utility on there to tell me if there are any changed/new drivers. My main graphic card is an nVidia 580 with 296.10 version of the drivers.

Hope that information helps someone.

As far as Anti-Virus I am using Microsoft security essentials, with EDIUS excluded and I am not getting problems with EDIUS 6.07.

David Clarke
04-15-2012, 12:53 PM
On one of my systems which has a gigabyte board the Virtu software is running in trial mode and will not work. Have not worked out why this is happening yet.

If it is running you have to remember to add EDIUS into the list of programs that can use the software in the Virtu control panel (which you can access by double clicking on the icon on the taskbar), and make sure it is turned on (using the big on off switch located on the same control panel.

Hawke
04-25-2012, 11:54 AM
I now get the "This Version Has Expired" message with 30 days left, and I get an error message related to a C++ runtime error in Quick Titler at the Edius opening splash screen.
This has happened since updating AVAST to version 7. I had no problem with AVAST Version 6. Although I must add that I always ran EDIUS with AVAST switched off and have done the same with AVAST 7, so it would appear that AVAST 7 is not switching all aspects off.
EDIUS 6.07 was installed with AVAST V6 installed but switched off and no problem experienced until the AVAST update to V7.
Any advances on this one.
ASUS Sabertooth W7 Pro. 64bit.

Hawke
04-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Problem solved!
AVAST has a feature? called SANDBOX this was also incorporated in V6 but did not or was not set to run automatically without warning in V7 it does. The feature is not switched off by switching off SHIELDS.
Solution: click Real Time Shields - File System Shields - Expert Settings - Auto Sandbox - Under Files that will be excluded from automatic Sandboxing: Click ADD - Browse to Program Files (X86) Grass Valley Edius 6\QuickTitler.exe - SELECT.
Then do the same for Edius.exe
As stated earlier the same process needs to be gone through for Trusted Processes in the Behaviour Shield.

It goes without saying to improve performance when using Edius disconnect from the internet and switch off shields - right click the avast icon in the system tray - shield control - disable.

serfon
04-28-2012, 07:53 PM
However after a few weeks by the update I can say that this is the worst update ever released for edius opening sporadically I get error and then close edius and I have clean well formatted for the system I hope comes out another update that optimizes better the situation before it comes out the 6.5 version leave version 6 under these conditions do not seem to do much to impress me knows that grass is the right time to switch to other software among other things I've got a black magic recognized by virtually any other software except by edius so if they think of forcing me to buy one of their cards are fresh if anything the opposite is true if I take advantage of the full board then I might think otherwise remain ..........

jthomas
04-28-2012, 08:25 PM
However after a few weeks by the update I can say that this is the worst update ever released for edius opening sporadically I get error and then close edius and I have clean well formatted for the system I hope comes out another update that optimizes better the situation before it comes out the 6.5 version leave version 6 under these conditions do not seem to do much to impress me knows that grass is the right time to switch to other software among other things I've got a black magic recognized by virtually any other software except by edius so if they think of forcing me to buy one of their cards are fresh if anything the opposite is true if I take advantage of the full board then I might think otherwise remain ..........

Having a problem with software happens, most of this thread is about Edius 6.07 update and Anti Virus software. I updated to Edius 6.07 and have not had any problems at all. Maybe you should say that 6.07 is the worst update for your system, I'm sure you will find the problem.

GrassValley_SL
04-28-2012, 08:26 PM
@ Sefron
Sorry you feel that way. We have had many successful installs of 6.07.
Most people who have had immediate success did not have antivirus applications installed , read the release notes and properly disabled such apps at time of install.
What also seems to help is to exclude the EDIUS folder from the scan list.

We have had reports form users about apps we had not listed and those are of enormous help to us to sort installation issues.

It is what perspective you take. Most have decided to report found issues with certain antivirus applications or firewalls.

If you feel you must we cannot force you not to choose another application. While we would like to keep everyone as a satisfied customer there are some people / editors who are just more comfortable and happy with other editing apps. That is a reality......

serfon
04-28-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm glad we have met many people but you have to admit that there are many who think like me edius is the most prestigious software of yesteryear

David Harry
04-28-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm glad we have met many people but you have to admit that there are many who think like me edius is the most prestigious software of yesteryear

Personally, I don't know any Edius users that think it is "the most prestigious software of yesteryear", I most certainly don't. If it's not for you, and another NLE would suits your purposes better, then that's perfectly fine. But making such a critical claim on the forum that was set up for Edius, probably won't serve your purposes either.

serfon
04-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Personally, I don't know any Edius users that think it is "the most prestigious software of yesteryear", I most certainly don't. If it's not for you, and another NLE would suits your purposes better, then that's perfectly fine. But making such a critical claim on the forum that was set up for Edius, probably won't serve your purposes either.

just because it is a forum set up for edius does not mean that you only speak well and I make an objective consideration for several years that use edius then I know well how it worked one time and how it works now and then I unlike you know many people who say that if these are words of edius uncomfortable then they should serve to encourage grass valley to improve

David Harry
04-28-2012, 10:12 PM
just because it is a forum set up for edius does not mean that you only speak well and I make an objective consideration for several years that use edius then I know well how it worked one time and how it works now and then I unlike you know many people who say that if these are words of edius uncomfortable then they should serve to encourage grass valley to improve

Your're preaching to the converted when you talk about being objective on this forum. But calling Edius "yesteryear" here, is not really being objective, it just comes off as an unfounded personal opinion. There was no objectivity in the comment as you never gave any reasons or examples for it being "yesteryear". Maybe it's time to cut your losses and move on to another NLE.

GrassValley_SL
04-28-2012, 10:21 PM
We are moving forward with EDIUS and 6.5 is looking promising.
This thread has run it course.