PDA

View Full Version : Edius 6 / training

UlfLaursen
10-02-2010, 05:11 AM
Hi

I was yesterday just looking at all the cool new features in Edius 6 - it's going to be a true winner for me:

http://www.grassvalley.com/products/edius_6/features

Does anybody know if there will be any "what's new videos" or on-line training for theese new features - I would be happy to pay for it.

I still have the "complete Training for Edius 4.5" which was good, and still can give me something, but with all theese new features in ver. 6, I think small "getting started videos" for the new features would be great. You could just extend the ones present on the web telling about the feature, just using 2-3 min. to tell and show how it's done.

Thanks.

/Ulf

vortigern
10-02-2010, 12:43 PM
It might be a while before Dave gets round to an Edius 6 tutorial but this link should help.

http://www.dvc.uk.com/acatalog/DVC_Training.html

UlfLaursen
10-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks John - The E5 training is for sure for me - I'll get one :)

GrassValley_SW
10-02-2010, 10:36 PM
We will have a completely new online tutorial for EDIUS 6 of around 90 minutes duration. We will post more details nearer the release.

Steve

UlfLaursen
10-02-2010, 11:04 PM
This is great news, Steve - thanks a lot for the info :)

Just ordered the DVC DVD for E5, so with this comming up too, it will be just great!! :)

/Ulf

mike0130
10-03-2010, 01:07 AM
We will have a completely new online tutorial for EDIUS 6 of around 90 minutes duration. We will post more details nearer the release.

Steve

Wow!!! This is a GREATEST NEWS!!! But do you really think that 90 minutes is enough? The Edius 4.5 tutorial may have 90 min too, but it was just about how to start a new project and make settings... I agree, this was usefull too, but it had nothing about actually editing.
And such things as AAF or dynamic mask are still not covered by anyone...
Oh, and I missed somethig: should it be a word "FREE" between words "online" and "tutorial?
P.S. You may call me crazy, but the news about new tutorials FOR ME is probably more exiting then those news about new version of Edius 6...
P.S.1. And please can you post a Windows Backgrounds for us with Edius 6?

Gavin++
10-03-2010, 05:54 PM
And such things as AAF or dynamic mask are still not covered by anyone...

Hi,

beside the free 90 min starter tutorial, there will be a very comprehensive commercial follow-up with several hours of EDIUS 6 training.

It will be something like the series we did for EDIUS 5 (more than 15 hours of EDIUS Training): http://www.dvd-lernkurs.de/videobearbeitung/grass-valley-edius.html

But this time for EDIUS 6 and in English language of course ;)

More Information on this will be revealed after the release of EDIUS 6.

Gavin

vortigern
10-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Here in the Uk we will wait for Dave of DVC

PhilMaker
10-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Hi
Im interested in your comment about DVC, Im interested in getting some DVD tutorial or alike to really learn Edius to its full potential is that something they will produce?
Thanks

drgagx
10-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Look here:
http://www.dvc.uk.com/acatalog/Software_hardware.html

vortigern
10-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Look out on the DVC site to se when the next Open Day is once you have been to one you will see why Dave's tutorials are so good. It takes a long time to produce editorials but I am sure Dave will be aiming to do an E6 version just a soon as he can.

vortigern
10-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Look out on the DVC site to see when the next Open Day is once you have been to one you will see why Dave's tutorials are so good. It takes a long time to produce editorials but I am sure Dave will be aiming to do an E6 version just a soon as he can.

iliveinfaith87
10-09-2010, 04:02 AM
Will there also an offline training videos for Edius 6? I mean like a training video where i can download it and paly anytime i want without connecting to the internet.

Thanks

Gavin++
10-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Will there also an offline training videos for Edius 6? I mean like a training video where i can download it and paly anytime i want without connecting to the internet.

Thanks

Yes, our training series will be available as Download packages as well as on DVD.

UlfLaursen
10-16-2010, 08:53 PM
I just got Davids Edius 5 discs. I can higly recommend it - it is just great.

It is a very in depth "what's new" for verison 5 even up to 5.5. Look forward to his ver. 6

/Ulf