PDA

View Full Version : New Blue FX (retail version) install question

Alter Ego
04-13-2010, 05:42 PM
I am ready to purchase Video Essentials 3, and was wondering if anyone had any install problems with the retail version conflicting with the Edius bundled New Blue FX group? A friend of mine said that she had registration problems after installing the retail version of Essentials, and had to get rid of all traces of the Edius bundle in the registry. She said the retail version would just stay in demo mode with a watermark otherwise.

I got this second hand so I am not familiar with all of her details. But I am currently using some of the Edius bundled New Blue in my projects and don't want to have problems in the middle of a project.

SRsupport
04-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I have not seen what you have reported worked fine.
But I do have to warn you that numerous of users have reported that the latest versions of commercial versions of New Blue effects break disc-burning form the timeline.
Most have uninstalled any trace of New Blue out of frustration.
I might not happen on your system but if it does you now what the cause is.

swsw1550
04-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Just watch the NewBlue FX packages, have had many problems with the retail versions of them in the past.

Steve

NewBlue_ET
04-26-2010, 03:30 PM
We've had some reports of compatibility issues with some other plugins. What Edius users have reported to us is that our plugins are stable when only NewBlue plugins are installed. So if you're having compatibility issues, please report those directly to us and let us know what other 3rd party plugins you have installed.

We have been looking to locate the conflict but could use YOUR help. Please do not just blindly uninstall NewBlue - instead work with us so we can determine a proper solution. Let us know what you have installed and give us a means to duplicate your issues. We WILL work to eliminate all issues in our plugins.

Edward
NewBlue Tech Support

Alter Ego
04-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Edward thanks for your reply to this thread. I think most Edius users have New Blue and ProDad filters installed, plus others like Red Giant looks suite (via Edius AE bridge}, Boris Red and VSt's. These are the plugins that I have installed on my machine. Are there any known conflicts with New Blue and any of these filters? Thanks.

NewBlue_ET
04-26-2010, 05:25 PM
We're trying to determine which plugins cause conflicts which is where the people on this board can help. Let us know when you see an issue so we can see which do and do not cause a problem. If we can get more reports stating x, y, and z are installed and all works well but p, q, and r are installed and I get a conflict, we can then narrow down where the conflicts occur.

yuran
11-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Speak frankly :

The same issue could be found on my system. I am using legal Edius 5.51 with Canopus HD storm plus (PCI-E add on card ). My OS is Win 7 X 64, when I enabled both ProDAD and NewBlueFX plugins, I found out that Newblue was OK, but ProDAD ( e.g Vitascene 1.0.46.5 or Heroglyph 2.6.32.1) could not work, Edius did halt . Even I resintalled ProDAD with lower version, same issue.
Once I deleted the relevant NewBlue plug ins in the folder of Edius , the ProDAD became OK. (Don't worry , I already reserved relevant NewBlue plug in DLLs ).
Therefore I guess that there are some conflicts between ProDAD and Newblue FX .

BTW if I ran the standalone version of ProDAD , both Vitascene or Heroglyph worked correctly ,without any issues!

It means that especially for Edius , only upgrade version of ProDAD and NewblueFX could not fix the above issue.

It seems that I can not enable all 16 Newblue effect groups at the same time.

I could only enable 12 of 16 effect groups for testing. Otherwise , even I saved correct project of Edius, then enable all 16 groups, then reopen the Edius, I could not preview the project.

I had to disable NewblueFX, if I wanted to adopt ProDAD (under Edius ).

News update :

If I disable all Newblue Video Essentials ( 1, 2 , 3 , 4 ), the issue could be fixed. And I could use both Newblue and Heroglyph effects simultaneously.

But I don't believe the issue was caused by Video Essentials of Windows.

Let me to restore the original environment , how many newblue effect groups totally for testing ?

Should be 16 groups (only for Video effect, except AVCHD shift and audio effects ). (http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads.html)

Let me to delete 4 of them randomly, it means just reserve Newblue Video Essentials ( 1, 2 , 3 , 4 ), then delete other 4pcs effect groups randomly...

The Edius can work well, and I can still use both Newblue and Heroglyph effects simultaneously.

If enable 12 video effect groups of Newblue FX , no issue for ProDAD (Vitascene or Heroglyph ).

Once I enable 16 Video effect groups of newblue , the issue could be duplicated when I adopted ProDAD (Vitascene or Heroglyph ), why ?

My CPU is Intel i7 960 with 12GB DDR3 triple memory , Nvidia GTX 470 display add on card, 1920 X 1080 resolution,the MB is MSI X58A-GD65-H ...

I wish that we can find a way to solve the issue. Thank you.

yuran
11-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I wish that somebody could duplicate such issue for testing, thanks.

NewBlue_ET
11-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Yuran, My question would be: How does it work with no ProDad plugins and only ours installed? We did find an issue in Edius where, if too many effect packages were installed, some would disappear. We have worked around those issues in our plugins but cannot guarantee how other third party plugs would affect it. I'm not saying don't use the ProDad plugs - just test things in that environment and see if it makes a difference.

yuran
11-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi, I think it doesn't matter for ProDAD effects.

I believe that ProDAD effects can not affect NewblueFX...

But I wonder , why did I encounter such conflicts between ProDAD and NewblueFX ? Once I reduce newblue FX groups, the ProDAD would be OK...

If I enable all newblue FX ( maxium 16 groups ) at the same time, I think it's OK for NLE editing...