PDA

View Full Version : Who uses Print to File>Blu-ray exporter for AVC...

shueardm
08-03-2009, 01:15 PM
and has had success in any authoring program?

I got asked to test EDIUS output from timeline to Blu-ray file (m2ts) software (not FireCoder Blu) and see if it was compatible with Encore and DVD Architect 5.

DVD Architect 5 chocked on the file and crashed(m2ts is supported though)
Encore does not support m2ts it needs elementary files. Using tsMuxer method the files were accepted but the program crashed on bulding.

shueardm
08-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Nobody has tried this?

Khoi Pham
08-04-2009, 04:32 AM
It works for me but there are alot of work around, first you have to use Tsmuxer to seperate to file to elementary stream, but that audio doesn't work for me, crash or error out when buidling image (it is 1 frame longer than the video and Encore don't like that, not sure if it is because 1 frame longer than video or just screw up audio) I still use CS3, so I have to make a wave file from Edius with 1 frame shorter at the end, then I feed that wave file into ProCoder to make AC3 multichannel, so I use the video from Tsmuxer and audio from ProCoder and it will work.
If you have other errors when building disc image, search the net for a file called msxml6.msi and installed that, also while Encore is open, go into its work folder and delete the folder call authorscript and build disc image again, but Encore CS3 is go buggy, once you get errors mesages, sometime you might have to start everything from scratch.

shueardm
08-04-2009, 04:40 AM
I did read about the msxml patch file but that didn't change a thing. Encore isn't very handy with error messages but I know this, if it's bad or non compliant video for Blu-ray then it will crash in some way.

Blu-ray AVC is more like ABC to Grass Valley, no clue but they put it out anyway.

Crespel
08-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi Mark,

I recently tested MPEG2 HD elementary stream output from EDIUS 5.12 timeline(Edius Exporter) and direct import into a 40Mb/s VDR project of Encore 4.
It works without re-encoding.

Regards
Joe

shueardm
08-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks Joe, I know that one, it's the H264 that is the problem.

Crespel
08-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes Mark,
you are perfectly rigth There is no AVCHD Elementary stream output neither in Edius 5.12 nor in FCB up to Firecoder Writer Release 1.01.
In addition all AVCHD Output is in questionable quality (only max. Level 4.0) 23 Mb/s.

This is in my eyes a shame for TGV that they are not in a positioon to deliver SW which complies with main authoring PGM's.

The 1.10 Beta of Firecoder Writer SW is in my eyes a step backwards since it does not have the functionality of the SW Vers. 1.01.

Regards
Joe

plekkie
08-04-2009, 09:28 PM
and has had success in any authoring program?

I got asked to test EDIUS output from timeline to Blu-ray file (m2ts) software (not FireCoder Blu) and see if it was compatible with Encore and DVD Architect 5.

DVD Architect 5 chocked on the file and crashed(m2ts is supported though)
Encore does not support m2ts it needs elementary files. Using tsMuxer method the files were accepted but the program crashed on bulding.

I find the exact same result with DVD Architect (5.0b). I did a short test by using Edius "Burn to disc" to create the m2ts file (as part of the resulting image). This file is visible in the DVDA explorer window, but by only clicking the file, DVDA freezes (not responding).

If I use TSMuxer to demux the .m2ts file in elementary streams, the video file gets the extension .264, which is not recognized by DVDA. Renaming this file to .mp4 makes it visible and selectable. Even the disc preview runs fine. But when DVDA starts to actually build the BR disc image, a buffer underflow error occurs:

File name: STREAM/00001.m2ts
Status: TSWrapper.dll::CTSWrapper::ProcThreadMain::Video buffer underflows. -

However, as I stated already in another post, several users of Sony Vegas Pro get the same error message in DVDA when using AVC files rendered in Vegas Pro. So this may not be a GV Edius problem.

STORMDAVE
08-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Tried the Blu-ray preset before, imported fine into Encore CS4.

I just use the BD-Creator to TMuxer workaround exclusively now and import the demuxed files into Encore.

plekkie
08-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Some more trials this evening:
Used Edius BD creator to render BD images with following video encoding settings (all CBR):
Max, 17 Mbps, 12 Mbps, 10 Mbps, 8 Mbps.

Demuxed with TSMuxer, and renamed .264 file to .mp4 (changed to level 4.1 according to instructions on this forum).

Only files with Max, 17 and 12 Mbps could be imported in DVDA project.
Only file with 12 Mbps completed in OK disc image in DVDA.

So it seems like a DVDA problem to me.

Raja
08-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Used Edius BD creator to render BD images with following video encoding settings (all CBR):

Demuxed with TSMuxer, and renamed .264 file to .mp4 (changed to level 4.1 according to instructions on this forum).

I'm also in the process of creating a Blu-ray.
Did some tests. Created a short .m2ts file thru BD Creator, Blu-ray preset and created an elementary HD MPEG2 stream aswell. All with AC3 audio.

With both the BD creator and Bluray preset files (after TSmuxing) I'm getting the following error in Encore CS4 during build (following Stormdave's method exactly).

Blu-ray Error: "file already exists"' Code:"6", Note: "Video buffer underflows. -

Encore worked fine with HD MPEG2. It seems something to do with the .m2ts files created.

shueardm
08-05-2009, 12:34 AM
That's the same error message I get as well Raja in Encore CS4.

Now I know that it is not a bug in Encore Dave because it doesn't happen with FCB V1.01 files after tsMuxer method.

shueardm
08-05-2009, 12:38 AM

I don't know about that. I feel confident that given legitimate H264 Blu-ray compatible video it will work. But I think we're a long way off that with the AVCHD format video that GV are offering.

Raja
08-05-2009, 12:40 AM

Now I know that it is not a bug in Encore Dave because it doesn't happen with FCB V1.01 files after tsMuxer method.

Thats good to know because I ordered a Firecoder Blu card today and should be here tomorrow.
So what your saying is that with the FCB encoded files, then tsmuxer and then Encore CS4 works ok.

shueardm
08-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Yes with version 1.01, not with the Beta so I hope they fix that before release.

STORMDAVE
08-05-2009, 01:43 AM

In Encore CS4 you don't have to rename .264 to .mp4...

Also .mp4 is not the correct extension for a MP4 video stream.

If .264 is not supported in DVD Architect, try .m4v, which is the correct extension for a video only stream.

STORMDAVE
08-05-2009, 01:45 AM
I'm also in the process of creating a Blu-ray.
Did some tests. Created a short .m2ts file thru BD Creator, Blu-ray preset and created an elementary HD MPEG2 stream aswell. All with AC3 audio.

With both the BD creator and Bluray preset files (after TSmuxing) I'm getting the following error in Encore CS4 during build (following Stormdave's method exactly).

Blu-ray Error: "file already exists"' Code:"6", Note: "Video buffer underflows. -

Encore worked fine with HD MPEG2. It seems something to do with the .m2ts files created.

I don't know guys, I just created a fresh 1920x1080i60 project in EDIUS. Added a 10 second color bar with audio, used the BD-Creator method. Encore CS4 imported without an error. I made it into a .iso without an error as well.

shueardm
08-05-2009, 01:49 AM
We are specifically talking about the File>Export to Blu-ray method though Dave.

STORMDAVE
08-05-2009, 02:09 AM
Raja was saying that the BD-Creator workaround gives him the same error...at least in the P.M's.

shueardm
08-05-2009, 02:15 AM
Ahh maybe. Did you try the standard export to H264 Blu-ray option though?

STORMDAVE
08-05-2009, 02:57 AM
Just tried the Blu-ray preset...

Works OK here. I can create .iso without a problem.

Make sure your new Encore CS4 project starts like this (PAL for PAL folks)

PS I have a feeling PAL (50Hz) folks are the ones who are seeing this problem...

shueardm
08-05-2009, 03:01 AM
I'll try that in NTSC, also I was using 1440x1080

STORMDAVE
08-05-2009, 03:08 AM
I will try a 1440 timeline right now and report back.

STORMDAVE
08-05-2009, 03:14 AM
Ok just tried a 1440x1080 project with the Blu-ray preset. Works fine.

shueardm
08-05-2009, 03:37 AM
It is a PAL thing damnit!! NTSC video works in Encore and DVDA5.

this is billionth time that Grass Valley/Canopus have stuffed PAL users up.

SoundFreak
08-05-2009, 07:52 AM
It is a PAL thing damnit!! NTSC video works in Encore and DVDA5.
Relax, think of your blood pressure, It must be the Never The Same Color story, they do this on purpose because our standard has more video lines :), just envy ................ same as the small oversight of elementary stream, it will be fixed ............ eventually.

shueardm
08-05-2009, 07:57 AM
LOL. It does in SD not HD.
I don't know why there are different frame rates for regions with HD video.

STORMDAVE
08-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Because electricity is different.....The good part is the HD resolutions are all the same now.

Raja
08-05-2009, 09:07 AM
I too am in PAL land guys and use 1440x1080i clips.

That explains it then Shueardm and Dave. Its a PAL issue as you guys have tested.

I ordered my FCB card yesterday and hopefully that should work fine with v1.01.

Shueardm, why don't you just continue to use the FCB route (with v1.01)? Is there a reason not to use it?

shueardm
08-05-2009, 09:17 AM
I am Raja. I was testing it for somebody else. It just frustrates me.

STORMDAVE
08-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Quick question, does it work on 1920x1080i50 projects? If yes, then this must be a 1440x1080i50 issue only.

Raja
08-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Quick question, does it work on 1920x1080i50 projects? If yes, then this must be a 1440x1080i50 issue only.

Just tested it. Same problem.

shueardm
08-05-2009, 11:02 AM
tsMuxer reports that it is 25 fps so it is actually PAL, it's just bad somehow.

Raja
08-05-2009, 11:07 AM
tsMuxer reports that it is 25 fps so it is actually PAL, it's just bad somehow.

I tried tsMuxer with profile 4 and some other changes, Encore still crashes.

Raja
08-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Got it working!!!!!!

Tony (on this forum) kept saying AVC HD. I never realised he meant the AVCHD exporter (never looked at the top of the list). I was using the H.264/AVC exporter options.
Anyway, I used one of the AVCHD optrions (AVCHD exporter), tsmuxed it and all was OK in Encore CS4. Successfully burnt a blu-ray disc.

Khoi Pham
08-06-2009, 01:52 AM
I just did some extensive testing using:
Tmpenc
Edius MPEG2 HD Elementary stream
Blu-ray Exporter from Edius
Burn to disc from Edius
all were encoded at 15000kb/s
All 4 four files were place on the timeline on top of the original HQ AVI, turning off each track to compared it to the original HQ AVI and this is what I found.
Edius MPEG2 HD Elementary stream is the best follow by
Tmpenc encoder
Burn to disc
Blu-ray exporter
The 2 AVC were very close but I think the one from Burn to disc(Storm Dave method) is a little better than blu-ray exporter, which is weird because one would figured both using the same avc codec of Edius.
I have a project that is 3 1/2 hours long and so what is why I'm testing it at low bitrate, turns out the fastest and easiest way is the best way.

STORMDAVE
08-06-2009, 02:11 AM
Got it working!!!!!!

Tony (on this forum) kept saying AVC HD. I never realised he meant the AVCHD exporter (never looked at the top of the list). I was using the H.264/AVC exporter options.
Anyway, I used one of the AVCHD optrions (AVCHD exporter), tsmuxed it and all was OK in Encore CS4. Successfully burnt a blu-ray disc.

That's a workaround, though....the Blu-ray preset should work in PAL world because it works in NTSC world without a problem.

NakedEye
08-06-2009, 03:01 AM
Ok this is wierd I just did a test on a 1920x1080 timeline (only 5mins of footage) first export was the Edius Elementary Stream Exporter, VBR, superfine, max 35M, avg 28M, profile MP@HL, gop IBBP.
the resulting files import into Encore CS4 with no problem no transcode and render out to an .iso disc image with no problem.

second export was to the Edius Blu Ray AVC exporter plugin max 22.8M avg 20M, 2 pass, and all speed settings set to quality, the resulting file demuxed in tsmuxer and profile 4.1 set the resulting files again imported to Encore CS4 with no problems and no transcoding and also rendered out to an .iso disc image without error.....go figure.

maybe a longer test is needed....the only other thing to note is that the clip on the timeline was in Apple Proress 422.

Regards Dave.

shueardm
08-06-2009, 05:41 AM
Lucky you Dave. I think you should buy a lottery ticket.

shueardm
08-06-2009, 05:42 AM
I just did some extensive testing using:
Tmpenc
Edius MPEG2 HD Elementary stream
Blu-ray Exporter from Edius
Burn to disc from Edius
all were encoded at 15000kb/s
All 4 four files were place on the timeline on top of the original HQ AVI, turning off each track to compared it to the original HQ AVI and this is what I found.
Edius MPEG2 HD Elementary stream is the best follow by
Tmpenc encoder
Burn to disc
Blu-ray exporter
The 2 AVC were very close but I think the one from Burn to disc(Storm Dave method) is a little better than blu-ray exporter, which is weird because one would figured both using the same avc codec of Edius.
I have a project that is 3 1/2 hours long and so what is why I'm testing it at low bitrate, turns out the fastest and easiest way is the best way.

This is strange that a Mpeg would look better than AVC at the same data rate which isn't all that high.

Raja
08-06-2009, 07:20 AM
That's a workaround, though....the Blu-ray preset should work in PAL world because it works in NTSC world without a problem.

Yeah, you're right, there is a problem with that exporter option as NTSC works and PAL doesn't, which we've proved thru the tests here.
When you say workaround, are you referring to the tsmuxing part, as the AVCHD option I chose didn't require any extra steps over choosing the blu-ray exporter or any other option from the expoter lists.

STORMDAVE
08-06-2009, 07:26 AM
By workaround I just meant that the Blu-ray preset isn't working properly and that forces the user to use AVCHD preset instead :)

NakedEye
08-06-2009, 10:18 AM
I think ill give the lotto ticket a miss mark....I just tried again this time with a 16 min HQ tmeline BD exporter same settings when exporting to an image in encore cs4 I get error code 6 video memory buffer underrun error.

Dave.

shueardm
08-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Okay so your luck has passed. :)

Raja
08-06-2009, 11:02 AM
By workaround I just meant that the Blu-ray preset isn't working properly and that forces the user to use AVCHD preset instead :)

Is it acceptable to give a customer a blu-ray disc made using the AVCHD codec? I mean, is it part of the Blu-ray spec or will it cause problems?
My BD-RE test disc works fine on my Sony 350 Blu-ray player.

STORMDAVE
08-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Is it acceptable to give a customer a blu-ray disc made using the AVCHD codec? I mean, is it part of the Blu-ray spec or will it cause problems?
My BD-RE test disc works fine on my Sony 350 Blu-ray player.

Yes, AVCHD is part of the Blu-ray spec. Actually EDIUS uses AVCHD, hence the 21mbps bitrate limit for the H.264 presets.

Khoi Pham
08-06-2009, 03:36 PM
"This is strange that a Mpeg would look better than AVC at the same data rate which isn't all that high. "

Yeah that is what I thought, AVC is twice as efficient as MPEG 2, but now that I tested, I think Edius AVCHD or their Blu-ray preset is not good or there is some shortcut that they do that make the picture not as good as it could be, btw, I try changing all settings to improve it but no luck, Edius AVCHD is no good. I also did max 22.8mb AVCHD and it still doesn't look as good as MPEG2 HD at 17mb., seems like it has some kind of built in noise reduction that soften all the details and has more block noise. Now that is screw up.

Raja
08-06-2009, 03:46 PM
"This is strange that a Mpeg would look better than AVC at the same data rate which isn't all that high. "

Yeah that is what I thought, AVC is twice as efficient as MPEG 2, but now that I tested, I think Edius AVCHD or their Blu-ray preset is not good or there is some shortcut that they do that make the picture not as good as it could be, btw, I try changing all settings to improve it but no luck, Edius AVCHD is no good. I also did max 22.8mb AVCHD and it still doesn't look as good as MPEG2 HD at 17mb., seems like it has some kind of built in noise reduction that soften all the details and has more block noise. Now that is screw up.

This is getting messy by the day. I just got my FCB and now I'm reading that MPEG HD at 17mb looks better than AVC 17MB, even though previous tests by the likes of Stormdave and others have pointed more towards MPEG HD being good only at higher bitrates. My projects are 6-9hrs and thats why i was leaning towards using avc.

STORMDAVE
08-06-2009, 03:49 PM

Through my tests, using the BD-Creator of course, the footage looks much better at 21mbps for H.264 than does MPEG2 @ 30mbps+. MPEG2 resulted in a bit of pixelation while H.264 did not.

Raja
08-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Through my tests, using the BD-Creator of course, the footage looks much better at 21mbps for H.264 than does MPEG2 @ 30mbps+. MPEG2 resulted in a bit of pixelation while H.264 did not.

Thanks for that Dave, thats made me feel better for me leaning towards avc and making the FCB purchase worthwhile. Its all starting to make sense again!

Cheers

STORMDAVE
08-06-2009, 04:08 PM
No problem. I think if you try to fit lets say 3 hours worth of footage, H.264 is your best bet right now for a single layer 25GB BD-R disc. MPEG2 will not look good at 3 hours.

Khoi Pham
08-06-2009, 04:23 PM
No problem. I think if you try to fit lets say 3 hours worth of footage, H.264 is your best bet right now for a single layer 25GB BD-R disc. MPEG2 will not look good at 3 hours.

Well have to dissagree with you here, this is what I thought before, yes on paper AVCHD is better more efficiend codec, but I think something is not right with Edius AVCHD, you can see it clearly if you can put all the clips on the timeline and just turning each track off and on and compared it to the original HQ AVI, AVCHD in Edius is cleary losing all details and seems to have built in noise reduction, MPEG2 HD from Edius is much more faithfull to the original HQ AVI, now I don't know about FCB, I'm sure it is different.

STORMDAVE
08-06-2009, 04:46 PM
I can confirm that the EDIUS H.264 encoder is not the best in the world, even compressor has it beat, but it is not that bad.

I'll try to post up zoomed in screencaps of both codecs in the near future for comparison.

STORMDAVE
08-06-2009, 11:49 PM
OK I tried PAL files today in encore, and it works perfectly fine here?

Can you guys try it as well? In the zip file you will find 1920x1080i50 and 1440x1080i50 files, already demuxed for you. They are 10 second color bars, exported out with the Blu-ray preset on native 50hz projects with the HDSpark.

They load up in Encore CS4 and I can create BD image files without a problem.

shueardm
08-07-2009, 02:57 AM
Well have to dissagree with you here, this is what I thought before, yes on paper AVCHD is better more efficiend codec, but I think something is not right with Edius AVCHD, you can see it clearly if you can put all the clips on the timeline and just turning each track off and on and compared it to the original HQ AVI, AVCHD in Edius is cleary losing all details and seems to have built in noise reduction, MPEG2 HD from Edius is much more faithfull to the original HQ AVI, now I don't know about FCB, I'm sure it is different.

Maybe the software encoding is worse than the FireCoder Blu quality? I have never thought the AVC from FCB was no good but I haven't compared side by side.

shueardm
08-07-2009, 03:01 AM

Can you guys try it as well? In the zip file you will find 1920x1080i50 and 1440x1080i50 files, already demuxed for you. They are 10 second color bars, exported out with the Blu-ray preset on native 50hz projects with the HDSpark.

No Dave. Same error in Encore and DVDA5 said it was not a required format.

STORMDAVE
08-07-2009, 05:33 AM
No Dave. Same error in Encore and DVDA5 said it was not a required format.

Weird. Works here. Tried both files a few times. Neither required re-encoding.

Have you updated your Encore CS4? Run Adobe updater. There was a recent update for Encore CS4.

shueardm
08-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Latest version here, up to date.

Raja
08-07-2009, 09:49 AM

Tried it here too Dave, same problem on both sets of files. Created them in new encore projects.
Got my FCB card. Very fast output. Same output via FCB works fine.
But as you said, its wierd that its working for you. Got the latest update to Encore already, version 4.0.1.048.

shueardm
08-07-2009, 10:30 AM
It's a shame Anton uses DVDit PRO, would be solved by now :)

Raja
08-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Just did some more tests.

4 short clips of a wedding with good sharpness and colour. Clips are shot on Sony XDCAM at 35M

File1: FCB, 17M using FCB exporter preset from H.264/AVC options
File2: FCB, 17M using BD creator route
File3: Edius exporter 17M MPEG HD elementary stream
File4: Edius exporter 35M MPEG HD elementary stream

After viewing on a large full HD screen,

Files 1 and 2, I found to be very similar. Infact, identical.
File 3 was very good for MPEGHD at 17M
File 4 was sharper than file 3, but not double better, as would be expected by the double bitrate

Overall, in my opinion, Files 1 and 2 were a touch better (less blocky) than MPEGHD. I think the MPEGHD files were also encoded via FCB internally.

I think I'll be going the files 1 or 2 route.

plekkie
08-07-2009, 12:34 PM

Tried your files in DVDA 5.0b:
- 1920x1080i50 cannot be imported at all
- 1440x1080i50 can be imported, but DVDA returns a "buffer underflow" error message while compiling the BD image.

shueardm
08-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Stormdave. Are you using your MacPro? Could that be the difference?

STORMDAVE
08-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Stormdave. Are you using your MacPro? Could that be the difference?

No I tried it on the Intel i7 desktop running Vista x64 SP2 as well. Both files (of course I have to pick the proper PAL settings beforehand) load in Encore and I can create a BD .iso.

I'll post up a video of it working fine after the break.

NakedEye
08-08-2009, 12:22 AM
As I posted earlier a short clip worked fine but when tried with a 16min clip the error code appeared on build in Encore.

StormDave the short clip that did work for me was in Apple ProRess 422 that was then encoded from an Edius full HD timeline via the BD exporter......I wonder if its worth testing with a longer proRess clip to see how that go's.....Ill try it later.....could it be the HQ codec?

Dave.

STORMDAVE
08-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Is this the error you guys keep getting?

Raja
08-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Is this the error you guys keep getting?

Yes, exactly that.

STORMDAVE
08-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Ok I just received that message, but the weird part is, it worked on a previous test. I was trying to do a video capture of it working.

antonsvideo
08-12-2009, 01:37 AM
was the file encoded VBR?

usually buffer underrun errors can happen when min bitrate was not set or could not be set :)

STORMDAVE
08-12-2009, 01:48 AM
The test files I uploaded are CBR @ 21mbps
On the NTSC side, VBR and CBR import without a problem.

shueardm
08-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Non compliant BD Video streams quite simply

Khoi Pham
08-12-2009, 02:41 AM
Be sure to leave Encore open, go into your project folder and delete a folder called authorscript and then build disc image again, it should work once you delete that folder, if not you might want to start a fresh project.

Raja
08-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Be sure to leave Encore open, go into your project folder and delete a folder called authorscript and then build disc image again, it should work once you delete that folder, if not you might want to start a fresh project.

Everytime I tested it, I created fresh projects. It ALWAYS failed. Now with my FCB card, it works fine.

Stormdave, this is wierd. The only thing I can think is that you had your video recording application open, and maybe its something to do with system memory usage. Try it with the video app closed like before and then try it again with it open.

STORMDAVE
08-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Everytime I tested it, I created fresh projects. It ALWAYS failed. Now with my FCB card, it works fine.

Stormdave, this is wierd. The only thing I can think is that you had your video recording application open, and maybe its something to do with system memory usage. Try it with the video app closed like before and then try it again with it open.

I have 6GB of RAM on that machine...but will check again without video capturing app open.

STORMDAVE
08-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Just tried it on the Mac Pro setup. Same error. So yeah something's wrong with the EDIUS created files for sure.

shueardm
08-14-2009, 02:56 AM
Just tried it on the Mac Pro setup. Same error. So yeah something's wrong with the EDIUS created files for sure.

They aren't Blu-ray compliant that's what's wrong. Disc Creator might burn them but they wouldn't be fit for professional muxing in a BD compliant (pressing) format, same with FireCoder Blu I reakon.

Raja
08-15-2009, 12:22 AM
They aren't Blu-ray compliant that's what's wrong. Disc Creator might burn them but they wouldn't be fit for professional muxing in a BD compliant (pressing) format, same with FireCoder Blu I reakon.

But Firecoder Blu files are accepted in Encore CS4, so I guess its just the PAL exporter (software version) that needs fixing, as the NTSC one works fine.

shueardm
08-15-2009, 02:26 AM
There is a difference between a file that will mux and build in a consumer/prosumer authoring tool and a file that is Blu-ray compliant.

Just because we can get Encore to build with a file does not make the file Blu-ray compliant, it just means we're getting closer to it. Mastering and verifying Blu-ray discs is another step completely. A member of this forum (Andrew HD) has confirmed there are multiple errors in the FireCoder Blu files with his verifyer (and I am sure EDIUS as well)